#25-023PGR: 1999 Subaru Forester GT SF5
Status: PAST – parted out
Photo source: Jerald Porter
Engine – EJ205
- 4 cylinder – boxer, flat 4
- 2.0 litre
- Forged pistons (CP Pistons)
- Forged con rods (Eagle)
- Engine mounts (STI Group N)
- TD05-20G (TOG)
VF28 from Subaru Impreza WRX STI V5 GC8
- Intercooler – front mount – painted black (KLS)
- Blow off valve – plum back (Turbosmart Kompact)
- Pod filter
Intercooler – top mount from Subaru Impreza WRX/STI V5/6 GC8 with standard blow off valve
- Exhaust headers and up pipe
Stainless steel, equal length (TOG) Standard
- Exhaust system
- 3″ dump pipe – stainless steel (Apexi)
- 3″ mid pipe – mild steel
- Muffler – stainless steel, twin tip, 3″ piping (X-Force)
Standard cat-back exhaust and muffler
- ECU – “J2” from JDM Subaru Impreza WRX/STI V5
- 5 speed, manual
- 4.44 ratio
- R160 LSD rear diff
- Gearbox mount (STI Group N)
- Pit stop mount (STI Group N)
Brakes and Suspension
- Front brakes
- Calipers – 4 pot (Subaru)
- Discs/rotors – slotted and dimpled (RDA)
- Pads (RDA Extreme)
- Brake lines – braided (HEL)
- Front suspension
- Coilovers – pair, blue (Pedders)
Shock absorbers – pair from 2001-2002 Subaru Impreza WRX GDA bug eye model Lowered springs (King Springs – Super Low)
- Rear suspension
- Shock absorbers and springs – pair from 2003-2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI GDB peanut/blob eye model
- Front strut brace – carbon fibre (STI)
- Rear sway bar – 19mm from Subaru Impreza WRX GC8
- Steering rack – 2.7 turn from JDM Subaru Impreza WRX STI V5/6 GC8
- Crossmember spacer deletes
- Engine crossmember from Subaru Impreza WRX/STI GC8
- Gearbox crossmember from Subaru Impreza WRX/STI GC8
Wheels and Tyres
- Alloy wheels from 2004-2006 Subaru Liberty GT gen 4 – 17″x7.0″ +55
- 235/45/17 tyres (Achilles ATR Sport)
235/45/17 tyres (ContiSportContact 3)
- Rear tailgate wing
- Front bumper bar – black from 2000-2002 Subaru Forester SF5 series 2
- Rear bumper bar – black from 2000-2002 Subaru Forester SF5 series 2
- Lower door trims – black (Easy Coat) from 2000-2002 Subaru Forester SF5 series 2
- Vinyl decals – 3P Garage
- Front seats – pair from 1998 Subaru Impreza WRX GC8
- Instrument cluster from JDM Subaru Impreza WRX GC8
Instrument cluster – standard
- Boost gauge with controller – 52mm (STI Genome)
- Steering wheel and airbag from 1999-2000 Subaru Impreza WRX/STI GC8
- Gear knob from Subaru Impreza WRX GC8
- Pedal covers – aluminum (STI)
- Lower dash trims – dark grey from Subaru Impreza WRX/STI GC8
Minor Smash Repairs
“J2” ECU from a Subaru Impreza WRX STI V5/6 GC8 wired in and tested before removal of original engine.
Body Spacer Delete
Gearbox crossmember replaced with parts from Subaru Impreza WRX/STI GC8.
Engine crossmember spacers removed. Engine crossmember studs replaced with parts from Subaru Impreza WRX/STI GC8.
Pitch stop mount replaced with STI Group N part for Subaru Impreza – needed after body spacer delete.
Gearbox mount replaced with STI Group N part.
STI Group N gearbox mount.
Rear gear shifter assembly mount replaced.
Gear shifter from Subaru Impreza WRX STI GC8.
Long motor asssembled by previous owner (photos supplied): Forged pistons (CP Pistons), forged rods (Eagle).
STI group N engine mounts.
Lightweight crank pulley (GrimmSpeed).
VF28 turbo from Subaru Impreza WRX STI V5/6 GC8.
Intake manifold painted with black VHT wrinkle coat and assembled with stainless steel dress up bolts.
Blue NGK spark plug leads.
Degreased gearbox bellhousing. Degreased rear of engine.
Near new clutch from previous engine.
Intake resonator delete.
HKS panel air filter.
Apexi 3″ stainless steel dump pipe.
Intercooler splitter/air diverter from Subaru Impreza WRX/STI GC8 – needed after body spacer deletes.
Brakes And Suspension
Subaru 4 pot front brakes from Subaru Impreza WRX GDA.
Front shock absorbers from Subaru Impreza WRX GDA.
Front lowering springs (King Springs Super Low) for Subaru Impreza WRX GDA.
Rear shock absorbers and springs from 2003-2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI GDB.
STI style (suspected non-genuine) carbon fibre front strut brace.
On The Road
Last minute repairs: Rocker cover gaskets found to be leaking at roadworthy inspection. Replaced with new parts: rocker cover gaskets, spark plug seals and bolt seals.
3″ piping with X-Forxe twin tip muffler.
This project has now been retired and parted out to make way for the next project.